Money isn't everything --- especially when it comes to recruiting and retaining employees.
Many employers think their people are only driven by money, but according to a recent survey conducted by job review site Glassdoor, four out of five employees would actually prefer new or additional benefits to a pay increase. When it comes to recruiting and retaining top employees for your company, nothing works better than making people want to work for you. One way to entice potential candidates is by going beyond basic benefits and offering something unique in the way of employee perks.
The question is, what benefits/perks are you missing? According to the 2015 Glassdoor research the following benefits/perks are valued more than pay raises.
- Healthcare insurance (e.g., medical, dental): 40%
- Vacation/Paid time off: 37%
- Performance bonus: 35%
- Paid sick days: 32%
- 401(k) plan, retirement plan and/or pension: 31%
- Flexible schedule (e.g., work from home): 30%
- Office perks (e.g., free lunch, casual dress): 19%
- Employee development programs (e.g., on-the-job training, professional development): 19%
- Tuition reimbursement: 18%
- Employee discounts: 17%
- Gym membership or wellness programs: 16%
- Stock, stock options and/or equity: 16%
- Paid parental leave (e.g., maternity leave, adoption assistance): 13%
- Childcare assistance (e.g., on-site childcare, financial assistance): 13%
- Commuter assistance (e.g., company shuttle, commuter checks): 9%
- Diversity program: 3%
Looking for a few non-traditional “perk” ideas that might “wow” a potential candidate? Visit viperks’ Perk-Me-Up feature, where each month one unique perk is highlighted, such as:
- Concierge Service
- House Cleaning
- Friendly Maternity Leave
- Customized Workplaces
- Nap rooms
- Additional perks
Now the “real” question, what “perk” can you get that starts at Free?
It’s easy to create a list of interesting perks and benefits, but how can you fit these ideas into your budget?We get it...you need to be careful with your budget to maximize your efforts. That’s why, viperks, an employee-only, discount-shopping platform, that acts like an online company store, is not only desirable but won’t break your budget...the program starts at Free.
The store is fully plug-n-play, provides employees exclusive access to curated products at guaranteed best prices - saving them time and money, and does not need on-going administration from the employer. The result: employees are happy and feel appreciated - because who doesn't love a good deal?
At viperks, maximizing employee happiness is at the heart of everything we do. Our employee discount and appreciation program optimizes employee engagement, putting smiles on your staff members' faces and boosting your company's bottom line. Want to learn more about how you can help your employees be happier and more productive? We're here to talk.